The Cast's Favorite Wartime Songs
Julia Brown, Jonah Hauer-King, Brian J. Smith and more share their personal favorite World War II era tunes!
- What would be my favorite wartime song?
Something by Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holiday.
I know "I'll Be Seeing You", which is a beautiful song,
was very big at the time, so maybe that.
- I really like Billie Holiday. (laughs)
- I listen to a lot of Oasis,
but that's not really World War II stuff.
- I was listening to some Polish music from that time also.
- There's a piece of music in "Cavalleria rusticana"
that, to me, feels like Webster's relationship with Paris.
It's that feeling of being free and at home
and to have your whole body alive and tingling.
- My favorite song is actually "Dream a Little Dream"
and the funny thing about that was
when I was asked audition, they said,
"Sing a snippet of a song that you like,"
and I sang that song.
So it was crazy that when I finally got the script,
that song was there.
Unfortunately it didn't make the final cut
because I think it was too expensive, but anyway.
- "Love Me or Leave Me", I actually learned on this,
I didn't know that before, but I love "Easy Living",
I just love that song, so the fact
that we did that as well the other day was just wonderful.
- Music is important in this,
it's one of my favorite things about it.
Very jealous that Lois gets to sing
all these amazing songs.
- Just such a privilege and an honor
and the songs that are in this piece are timeless classics.