A Troubled Engagement
Following an early departure from his engagement party to help with a murder case, Max’s sister lectures him about his work. She advises him to put forth more effort in his relationship with Clara, fearing that it’s hanging by a thread.
- [Max] Amelia.
You're completely safe here.
- We missed you this evening, Max.
- Yes, uh, sorry.
Why are you up so late?
- I wanted to tell you about my evening.
Rather an unconventional party, as it turned out.
- [Max] Yes, look...
- I mean, with the groom running out on his future bride.
If you wanted to create an impression,
you certainly succeeded.
What was so important?
- [Max] The murder in Spittelberg.
- And you just had to be there.
- Yes, the police needed me.
The nature of the crime, it was unusual.
- Obsessive is certainly the right word here.
- Ah, um.
- You're a doctor, Max.
A junior doctor.
Whatever ambitions you may entertain...
- Your impression of mother is really getting sharp now.
Keep working on it.
- Oh, just shut up and listen to me.
Clara is my friend.
I care about her.
I wish you'd look at yourself for a change
instead of those damned patients.
Look at your own behavior.
What do you think it says?
This is not how a man in love behaves.