1900s Vienna is a hotbed of philosophy, science and art. Dr. Max Liebermann's extraordinary skills of perception and Detective Inspector Oskar Rheinhardt's determination lead them to some of the city's most mysterious and deadly cases.
- It's good to see you, Oscar. - Max
- [Max] I assume it's a case.
Is that why you've come?
- No suspects, no leads, no witnesses.
Just like the old times.
- I'm trying to build a profile of the killer.
- A profile? - A psychological picture.
- Too many pieces don't fit.
What do you see, Max?
- This isn't just a murder.
He thinks I can identify him.
- You are in grave danger.
- [Man] What is it you're looking for this time?
- [Max] The answer to a riddle.
- [Narrator] "Vienna Blood",
new season starts January 9th.
Only on PBS. (dramatic music fades)