Max and Clara
On an outing together, Clara asks to be more involved in Max’s life. She hopes that they’ll be able to better strength their communication with one another when they’re married, but their day together is interrupted by a surprise visitor.
(footsteps gently tap)
- Well, I'm glad is suggested we come here.
It's been a real treat, particularly the conversation.
- Sorry, Clara.
- My friends told me not to marry you.
- Which friends?
- Your sister has been pretty damning.
- Yes, well, she's never forgiven me
for the time I cut her doll's hair.
(Clara chuckles softly)
You do know how to smile.
- Do you think obsession is the same as love?
- What are you trying to tell me?
I want to be with you, you want to be with me.
Surely that's enough.
- I wasn't talking about us, Clara.
I was just thinking about a case, sorry.
- No, I want you to talk about it.
We're going to be married.
I want to be a part of everything.
Wait for me.
(gentle dramatic music)
- Ah, Miss Lydgate.
- Dr. Liebermann.
- Ah, yes, of course, you work here.
I forgot, sorry.
So you decided to stay in Vienna?
- Yes, I thought you might have left.
- Well how could I after your city's
Sorry, uh, I must go.
- I thought about you.
Actually, I had wondered.
- Uh, you remember Miss Lydgate.
- No, I don't think we've met.
- Miss Clara Weiss, my, uh, fiancee.
- Delighted. - Delighted.
Please, don't let me interrupt.
Enjoy your visit.
- Crazy woman.
She doesn't remember me.
- She doesn't remember any of it.