Talking Pictures with Neil Rosen

S2 E3 | FULL EPISODE

Movies and Shows to Watch While Stuck at Home

Film critic Neil Rosen invites viewers to explore the movie industry with him each month, as he dives in to the latest releases from Hollywood and independent producers. Interviews with actors and other industry insiders, as well as commentary from fellow critics, provide varying perspectives on the ever-changing world of film.

AIRED: May 08, 2020 | 0:27:15
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
TRANSCRIPT

Neil Rosen: This week on another stuck at home edition

of Talking Pictures with Neil Rosen, we'll look at a new

film starring Ben Affleck as an alcoholic basketball

coach looking for redemption.

The new indie drama Never Rarely Sometimes Always about

an unwanted teen pregnancy, and a new mystery thriller

set in Maine called Blow the Man Down, plus the TV

mini series Unorthodox set amongst Williamsburg Hasidic

community. We've got all that and many more movie

picks coming up.

♪ [Opening Music]

I'm Neil Rosen, welcome to Talking Pictures.

It's our monthly critic round table show where we debate

what's worth watching and what's not, when it comes to

new releases, hidden gems, and Hollywood classics.

Like last month, we know the movie theaters are still closed

because of the pandemic and you're stuck at home, probably

craving some entertainment.So along with my panel who are also

all streaming from home, you have plenty of movies and TV

series for you to binge watch.

Joining me are Bill McCuddy from Gold Derby. Hi Bill.

Bill McCuddy: Hi Neil. Sadly, this is just tea.

Neil Rosen: Lisa Rosman from Signs and Sirens. Hi, Lisa.

Lisa Rosman: Hey Neil, thank you for another opportunity to

red lipstick.

Neil Rosen: Glad to be of service, and a welcome return

to longtime panelists and friend of the show, Perri Nemiroff.

Glad to have you back from Collider. Hi Perri.

Perri Nemiroff: So happy to be back.

If you say my cat's names, five times he might appear.

Who knows?

Neil Rosen: What's your cats name?

Perri Nemiroff: Dewey as in Deputy Dewey from Scream.

Neil Rosen: Keep that in mind.

Maybe let's start out with a look at several new films

that are available on demand or streaming.Beginning

of the new Ben Affleck film called The Way Back.

Let's take a look at a clip.

[Cheering and Clapping]

>>> What did you discover last night at Baptist?

>>> That defense creates offence.

We have to maintain pressure for all four quarters.

>>> Discovered there we're a pressing team.

We don't take any plays off.

We don't let them breathe.

>>> As soon as they get over half court, we trap them.

>>> Even if the balls in the middle of the court?

>>> Anywhere and everywhere.

>>> You can't trap them if the balls in the middle of

the court. You need the sideline.

Who says? We can do whatever we want?

[Cheering }

Neil Rosen: Bill, tell us about The Way Back.

Bill McCuddy: Well, I'm excited about this film because I think

it's one of the best things Ben Affleck has ever done.

And I know that's a big statement, but this is

a kind of, as he's been telling us on talk shows

before all this happened, a little bit of his own life.

It's about an alcoholic who's a former high school like

phenom, and then he's brought back to his high school years

later to coach that same team.

What I like about this film is that first of all, Affleck

is amazing, but secondly, it doesn't have all of the cliches

and tropes that most of the high school kinds of films do.

The standard kids aren't here that you'd seen in so

many of the other basketball movies. And it's done.

Sort of sobering, soberingly, I should say straight forward,

or ironically, I should say.

This shoots and scores and I only wish that it would

come out when he could maybe get some Oscar attention.

Lisa Rosman: You know what?

I'm surprised by how much I like this film.

It's a stunning depiction of how pain can pave the

way for addiction. And I was really surprised and

gratified by how authentic and unshowy the writing was,

and honestly, how unshowy athlete's performance was.

I mean, obviously this is very meta for him.

This was also a comeback for him and he pulled it off beautifully

with a lot of nuance.

Perri Nemiroff: I actually found it a little too straightforward

and formulaic, particularly in the first half of the movie

where I thought I saw everything that was coming. But again,

you said it Lisa, Ben Affleck's performance is phenomenal

here, and it gives the movie all the heart it needs to

actually stick the landing.

And the one unique thing that I thought really worked

well for me is that this is a movie that doesn't make

this an easy journey for his character. There's no quick fix.

This is something that sticks with them every single ounce of

his experience amounts to who he is at the end of the movie.

Neil Rosen: Also, Ben Affleck's performance is quite good here.

I think it elevates the material.

As you said, Perri, it is formulaic.

It reminded me of dozens of other sports movies. Hoosiers

is the one that leaps to mind, and I saw all the moves coming,

and again, as you said, Lisa, that you know Ben Affleck's

character in real life, Ben Affleck is an alcoholic.

So you know, it wasn't much of a stretch for him to

play this particular part.

And I liked Ben Affleck's performance.

Listen, there's a shortage of sports on television.

I'd say I recommended on that level, at least you can

get to see some height.

You know, a parochial high school basketball team come

from a bunch of losers to be kind of brought back

by Affleck's character. It's okay. It's just not great.

All right, let's move on to another movie called

Never Rarely Sometimes Always. Lisa?

That's a mouthful of a title. Go ahead and tell us about it.

Lisa Rosman: Mouthful of a title,

but I think it's probably the most obtrusive

thing about this film.

It's a really quiet indie, and honestly, it's one of my

favorite films of the year so far, and the fact that it's

not an easy film may be one of the best things about it, even

though right now it's a really difficult time to watch anything

challenging. It's about this 17 year old low income pregnant

teen in rural Pennsylvania, who has to go all the way to New

York, with just her best friend in order to get an abortion.

That may sound like a message movie, but trust me, this is not

preachy or aggressive film.

It's got really naturalistic writing and direction by a Eliza

Hittman, heartbreaking acting, especially from the central

character who's played by first time performer, Sidney Flanigan,

and it packs this really big punch by just subtly drawing

a picture of all of the macro and micro aggressions that

girl has to undergo to assert control over her own body,

even though it's legally allowed.

I mean, right now we are all acutely aware of the

failures of the healthcare system in America, but this

film reminds us if things weren't easy before.

Perri Nemiroff: This film is phenomenal.

Hands down one of the best things I saw at

Sundance this year.

Those two lead performances are something else.

And one of the major things I really appreciated about

this is like you said, Lisa, it's not preachy, but I think

it's because it's so personal.

It's so strictly about her experience, her journey,

and it's done with such sensitivity that it feels

so natural and real.

And as far as that title goes, I will tell you, I interviewed

them at Sundance, had such a hard time before seeing the

movie, getting that title out.

Then when I saw the movie and I saw that scene that

drills it into your head, you will never ever forget it

and that's only one scene of so many super powerful ones.

Lisa Rosman: Amen sister.

I so agree with you about that.

Bill McCuddy: I can't believe Lisa and I and Perri,

both agreed so emphatically with me because this is

maybe the best movie I've seen so far this year.

And then I would echo everything else everyone said, so I'm

just going to make a new point, which is, I was so happy that

it didn't do any of the New York City clichés. There wasn't the

guy that was trying to rob her.

There wasn't the, all the stereotypical stuff that happens

in so many New York movies.

I was so proud to be in New Yorker as I watched this film.

So that's a sidebar.

I think that when the Independent Spirits roll around,

this is going to be a big, big winner and it deserves.

Neil Rosen: Well, I'm sorry to disagree with you guys, but,

look, there's no question.

The performances are quite good.

I don't really, I didn't really know these actresses beforehand.

They're terrific.

I think that the movie is well intentioned, but the

problem for me is that the writer director here is

choosing message over story.

Listen, nothing really much happens in the movie.

We watched 20 minutes of them sitting all night in the

Port Authority, another 30 minutes of the movie where

they're in an overnight arcade in New York City. It's tedious.

I watched it with my wife. My daughter knows the film.

We all agreed. It's a tedious movie.

Lisa Rosman: Okay. I have a few things to say to this.

Number one, I am so done with male critics attacking

a feminist film by acting like the women in their

life don't like it. Like, that's an excuse A.

Like it wasn't the same fricking movie.

It's like you literally did not see the same film as the rest

of us and like, Oh my God.

Neil Rosen: Can I finish my point?

Lisa Rosman: No, I don't think you deserve to.

Bill McCuddy: Maybe you'd like your wife to come and finish it.

Lisa Rosman: Maybe your wife should do the review buddy.

Neil Rosen: I'm going to finish my point here. Okay?

First of all, we've got some technical problems

with the film also.

They're lugging around a giant suitcase and a

backpack all throughout New York for two days.

They were only intending on staying in New York for a couple

of hours, so I don't know what device that particular piece

was put into the movie for whatever reason.Also, there's

a really kind social worker in New York who says, listen,

if you don't have a place to stay, we'll put you up.

And she turns that down for some reason.

Instead, she's choosing to just like hang out on

the streets of New York.

If they were going to put her in a shelter that was never

mentioned in the film.

Bill McCuddy: Yeah, those sound like horrible reasons.

Lisa Rosman: Those are super petty.

Neil Rosen: I'm bored with the movie.

It's a well-intentioned movie.

I understand the messages are important.

I was bored with the execution of the film. All right.

Lisa Rosman: Bill, hold up your sign.

Hold up your sign Bill. Bill, we need your sign. That's right.

Neil Rosen: All right, I'm going to move on here. We're going

to talk about a movie called Blow the Man Down.

A pair of sisters in a small fishing town in Maine are

left with a ton of debt after their mother dies.

One of the sisters, Morgan, after a drunken night at

a local ball, runs into a dangerous creep who she winds

up killing in self defense.

Along with her sister they cover up the crime by cutting up the

body and dumping him at sea.

But when in the body of another person washes up

on shore, lots of secrets in the town come to light.

Bill McCuddy: Not many after that description.

Neil Rosen: The town is run by a group of ladies who led

by actress June Squibb plus the great Margo Martindale who

you probably remember from The Americans, plays the town madam.

Is also holding a bunch of secrets of her own.

Movie has the tone of a Coen brothers film and has

sort of a Fargo feel to it, but not quite as good.

I liked the performances.

There's a good story, although at times it's a

bit convoluted, but a real treat is a group of amazing

singing fishermen who serve as a Greek chorus throughout

the movie doing exquisite sea shanties, which I really liked.

This is worth a look on Amazon prime.

Bill, since you interrupted my-

Bill McCuddy: Well, I mean, you gave a few things away.

All I'm saying is you gave a few things away

that I might not have. I like the Greek chorus.

I think the performances are all excellent.

I do kind of recommend it, but with a pat, I mean, we've got a

lot of time to kill, and so this is one thing that could fill it.

Perri Nemiroff: I definitely recommend this one.

I thought it was so refreshing.

I haven't seen something quite like this, in I

can't even remember when.

Yeah, the performances are great, but the thing I was

most impressed by is just the overall style, especially

the fact that this is a first feature for the directors.

I mean, what a phenomenally confident sense of style they

have for something like this. That's why it works.

Lisa Rosman: I'm a sucker for regional noir.

I'm a new Englander, so I was inclined to the film,

but I think it deserves it.

It's so beautifully stylized and it's such a sly feminist

parable on top of it.

Neil Rosen: Recommended by us all. Okay. Moving on. Perri.

What do you want to talk about?

Perri Nemiroff: Oh, I was so excited to share

this movie with you guys. I'm talking about Sea Fever.

So this is a movie about a young student who needs to go

out on a fishing trawler in order to get her doctorate.

So they go out on the boat, and this trawler needs to

get a really big catch.

So they go into a dangerous area of water and something

latches onto their ship, and that's something seeps into

their ship and has a major effect on the entire crew.

I was blown away by this movie back at TIFF 2019.

You guys know me at this point.

I love genre, and I love a good creature feature, but the thing

that impressed me the most about this particular movie is it is

an exhilarating, creepy watch, but it's also an exhilarating,

creepy watch with purpose.

And I had a lot of things on my mind back when I saw it in

September, but especially given the current situation and the

importance of social distancing.

It was so well worth another watch.

Neil Rosen: Well, anybody that watches the show and has seen

you, we know how much you love horror films, Perri, so this is

a perfect pick for you, but it really makes it perfect because

of what you just said is the fact that they all have this

virus on this ship and they have to self quarantine themselves.

So you picked a very timely thing.

As far as the movie itself goes, you know, I'm not a big

horror movie fan again, and I seen a lot of this stuff

before, but it's certainly a timely film and that's what

makes it work in that regard. Lisa?

Lisa Rosman: Well, it is oddly timely.

I mean, I was really struck by that when I was watching it,

and I really do love that it's a female protagonist in an

action film, which just still doesn't happen often enough.

But in all honesty, I felt oddly distant from it.

I admire the way the film was made, but as a result,

the stakes never really grab you.

Neil Rosen: Bill, close out this movie.

Bill McCuddy: Well, where's Dougray Scott been?

I mean, I haven't seen him in 10 years.

He's the captain on board the ship.

Connie Nielsen's his wife.

They give two really solid performances as the

people who have a lot at stake here in this boat. Yes.

It's very topical and very timely, and I think I liked

it a little more than Lisa. And I'm going to recommend it.

When you look at the trailer and you think it's like a

lot of booze and big, big scares and stuff, it's not

that kind of movie at all.

It works at a different level and I think it works well.

Neil Rosen: There's some great TV series that are streaming

right now to binge watch.

We're going to tell you about a few starting with Unorthodox.

Here's a clip.

>>> Where I come from there are many rules.

>>> My family just cares that I'm a good wife and mother.

I have to get as far away as possible from my community.

Neil Rosen: So Unorthodox follows the story of

Esti, a 19 year old woman who lives in an insular,

ultra Orthodox Hasidic community in Williamsburg.

She's in an arranged marriage, has very little rights as

a woman, and every aspect of her life is controlled.

She's unhappy, longs for freedom, decides

to escape to Berlin.

It's a four hour mini series that looks at both her

restricted life in Brooklyn.

And her trying to adjust to her new found freedoms in Germany.

Turns into a pseudo thriller.

It's in Yiddish with English subtitles.

And the cast is all great, specifically Israeli

actress Shira Haas as Esti, who's really suburb. Lisa?

Lisa Rosman: Well, you know, I read the 2012 memoir

that this is based on with great interest, but seeing what she's

talking about is other level.

It's actually harrowing for any woman who

prizes her independence.

But I feel like the series makes its case so diligently

and diplomatically that it's not hard to bear, it's just a

lot of amazing information and it's also shot really well.

It's very atmospheric looking.

Perri Nemiroff: Netflix is crushing it in a lot of

departments now.

Lisa Rosman: Crushing it.

Perri Nemiroff: This might be one of the best of the best

though and I just really appreciated the fact that it

didn't label anything as right or wrong.

It made it a very personal experience for Esti and you

experience everything through her choosing what she needs an

individual, and I think that is going to make it powerful

for a very wide audience.

Bill McCuddy: I also liked that it was four hours in length,

instead of, listen, we're at a time when you think can be

eight or 12 or obviously the material was there, I'm guessing

in the book to make it longer. This is tight.

It's a nail biter and it's really excellent.

Neil Rosen: Yeah, it really, really is. All right.

Perri, are you going to tell us about something.

Kind of different and off the mark, so, go ahead.

Perri Nemiroff: Oh boy.

Welcome it to Quibi, a brand new streaming platform that

is designed specifically for mobile streaming.

So you need the app on your iPad or your phone, and that's how

you can watch their content, all of which is shot for

vertical or horizontal viewing. It is absolutely fascinating.

And the two options that you have there are short form TV

type of material, so they're six to 10 minute episodes,

or instead of a TV show, you could also get a movie in

chapters and it's basically a full feature length film

chopped up into chapters.

Bill McCuddy: I have Quibi already.

It's called Netflix, and I just watched 10 minutes

of a movie I like, I stop.

When I come back to Netflix, I watched the next 10 minutes.

This whole concept was invented before the pandemic, and we

don't want to watch stuff on our phones right now.

Everything you're watching is on TV or on our computers, so

I'm voting no on Quibi.

Lisa Rosman: I think, you know how

we always joke, but it does pain me to agree with Bill.

I mean, I could see how engrossing a Dangerous

Game was actually.

I watched a little bit of it, but I just think it's tragic

how bad the timing is for this.

Like this is built for people who are on the run, who are

watching things in three minutes between meetings or whatever.

None of us have crazy jam pack schedules anymore.

So what we are desperate for is long, sprawling

things that draws in.

I mean, there's a reason that The Wire, which has been in

dormancy for like 10 years, basically is coming back because

we have the attention span that we didn't normally have.

This sadly could not be worse timed.

Neil Rosen: Right now.

Exactly what you said, Lisa and Bill, you know, we want to

look at long form programming. I'm like,

oh great, a 20 hour mini series that's good. I'm happy.

10 minutes thing, maybe when the world gets back to normal

this will work, but I don't think it works right now.

Lisa, tell us about a TV series that you want to tell people

about that they'd like.

Lisa Rosman: Better things.

This FX series, which stars the show runner Pamela Aldon.

Aldon is already wrapping up its fourth season, so it's not new

news, but it's so good and it's so subtle that it doesn't always

get the attention and the raves that it deserves. Basically,

it's about Pamela, right?

It's about a middle aged LA actor who is a single mom of

three with an increasingly needy and narcissistic aging mother.

The big surprise here, and the reason I keep on going back is

how deeply compassionate and clever and avant garde it is.

And so every episode feels like a Valentine to just how

beautiful and bittersweet ordinary life really is.

Perri Nemiroff: I watched the first two episodes because

we were talking about it today and instantly hooked.

I love that she is phenomenal in it, honestly.

I didn't really know how good she's going to be as it goes on

because I know there's a number of seasons for this, but-

Lisa Rosman: I mean, it gets better.

Perri Nemiroff: It's like within minutes of seeing

her onscreen in this role with that kind of tone and

that strut that she has.

I'm like, you are just pitch perfect in this and I need

to see everything you go through with your family.

Neil Rosen: All right, Bill, what do you got?

Bill McCuddy: Well, I think we've saved the best for last

because if there was ever a reason to sit at home, and I'm

thanking the pandemic for this, it's a Spanish 2017 series

called Money Heist that had two seasons plus four bonus that I

can't tell you the plot over, I'll give away why they had to

do four more, but it's basically about a ragtag bunch of people

who break into Madrid's mint and you think it's going to be

a smash and grab that they're going to be gone in 30 minutes,

instead they're there for over a hundred days and there's

a specific reason for that.

It's all put together by a guy who just calls himself

the professor and imagine a Spanish soap opera mashed

up with a heist film. It's crazy.

What I love about it is for everything it does wrong it does

two things right or it's smart. It's a load of fun.

I highly suggest it.

It gets huge ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and now I see why.

Money Heist. Don't miss it.

Neil Rosen: Yeah, I'm with ya.

I think the characters are terrific.

I think that guy who plays the professor whose name

escapes me is terrific.

And who would think that you could sustain this story

for several seasons, but they actually do, and it

keeps hooking me in with the subsequent episodes.

Highly recommend it.

♪ [Music Playing]

Neil Rosen: That was a clip from the Aretha Franklin

documentary Amazing Grace.

It's Lisa Rosman's personal choice as we go around

the panel with our critics picks of the month. Lisa.

Lisa Rosman: Okay.

Listen, even if you are not a huge fan of Aretha Franklin,

you are actually going to be wowed of this documentary

of a live recording of the Amazing Grace album in

1972 in Watts, California.

This was basically Aretha, who inarguably, in my

opinion, is the queen of soul.

Was at the height of her musical powers and it was really during

a crucial moment in the Civil Rights movement, which she and

her dad were always active in.

If you are like me, a lifelong Aretha obsessive, then you

will lose your mind over this documentary, Sydney Pollack

actually shot the original footage, although it wasn't

shaped and released until 2018. Also, watch for an ecstatic

Mick Jagger grooving in a corner at one point. It's amazing.

Neil Rosen: What a gift to be able to see this

incredible performance, which we have not been able to see

for like 40 some odd years.

And man, when she hits those high notes, I mean, she doesn't

do a lot of talking in between the songs, but who needs to,

I mean that music just, and that voice just speaks for itself.

It's an uplifting, tremendous document and moving.

I love this pick.

Bill, what's your critics pick this month?

Bill McCuddy: I picked a great doc called, By Sidney Lumet,

that PBS American Masters did, a woman named Nancy Bursky.

The reason I picked it is not because it's

a great documentary.

It is, but also it reminds us in the pandemic of other

movies that Sidney Lumet made that we might want

to go watch like, Network.

He talks about his whole career here. Serpico.

Prince of the City. The Verdict. Dog Day Afternoon.

Neil, I know that's a favorite of yours.

The Anderson tapes actually has a bunch of shots on

5th Avenue with no people.

There are so many great moments about New York in all of his

films or most all of his films. We'll forgive him for the Wiz.

That it becomes a primer this thing.

All the way back to 12 Angry Men.

I highly recommend, By Sidney Lumet.

Neil Rosen: I think it's great too.

And having been a fan of all, almost all of those films,

I mean, you know, he was, which I learned that was he was a

child actor and he kind of, that helped him working with

actors, but his movies, so he's the quintessential New

York director and to hear him talk about all those movies

that I love in his own words. It's just great.

And I know you guys-

Lisa Rosman: I'm dying to see this movie.

I'm dying because what I love about Lumet is he always

defers to the storytelling, and more than that, he lets

the characters themselves move the story along through

all of his direction. I cannot wait to see this.

Also, you know what I love by him?

Death Trap, but almost no one seen, but it's awesome.

Perri Nemiroff: The Lumet movie that I find myself watching

the most often is definitely Network, and every single time

I watch it, I have another reason to be freaked out by it.

And especially right now with what's going on, watching

that movie made me lose sleep at night.

Bill McCuddy: I worked at Fox news in that movie predicted it.

Neil Rosen: Yeah.

Talk about decades ahead of its time, that movie,

which is more relevant now than it's ever been.

All right, Perri. What's your pick this month?

Perri Nemiroff: Oh, I am so excited about this.

My pick is my latest binge watch, which was

Sex Education on Netflix.

Two seasons available, one more on the way that I've

heard of, but it's largely about a kid named Otis Milburn

played by Asa Butterfield.

And his mom is a sex therapist, played incredibly

by Gillian Anderson.

But what he winds up doing at school is he starts

to give out sex therapy to his peers for money.

So that's the basic premise of the show.

But the reason why I fell in love so, so hard with Sex

Education is because it's got something for everybody.

This is probably one of the most impressive series

as far as making the most of its entire ensemble.

Whether you're talking about a lead character like Otis or

someone you meet early on that you think is just, I don't

know, theyre for decoration.

Everybody gets an arc and don't judge this show by

the title and its poster.

Yes, it's young adult oriented, but this show

has something for everyone.

Neil Rosen: I'm with you. Very, very good pick.

Bill McCuddy: How did the British get everything

right, except dental care?

Neil Rosen: Well, my pick dove tales with Lisa's

Aretha Franklin doc.

It's called Standing in the Shadows of Motown. Now,

I'm a big fan of Motown music from the 1960s and seventies

and this fascinating documentary looks at the Funk brothers.

Who are the Funk brothers?

They're this really talented house band who played the

music on all the songs made famous by the Supremes and the

Temptations and the Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, and on and on.

And they were an amazing group of anonymous musicians

who never really got the credit they were due.

They played on more number one hits in the Beatles, The Beach

Boys, the Rolling Stones and Elvis combined, which makes

them the greatest hit machine in the history of popular music.

And this doc reunites them years later to tell

their unforgettable story.

And what a story it is, is they tell you the process of how they

created dozens of iconic songs.

They reunite for concert where they play such hits as Ain't No

Mountain High Enough and What Becomes of the Broken Hearted,

it's one of the greatest music documentaries ever made.

Lisa, I see. You're shaking your head.

Lisa Rosman: I love it. I love it.

I think this movie actually cross paths in some ways with 20

Feet from Stardom about female backup singers, and I love all

these movies, not just because of the music, but because we

need to know as much as we can about that moment in history

before these people pass on.

Like, it was an unbelievable moment in musical history.

Bill McCuddy: The Wrecking Crew is another terrific

one that's also up there. I highly recommend that.

These backstories are fascinating and what's great

about this time period is that if you have anybody that

you've loved in music, you should go see a doc about

them because it's probably there, either on Netflix

or Amazon or somewhere.

Neil Rosen: Well, that's about all the time we have.

With any luck, we've given you some movies and TV shows

to watch to help pass the time in this time of crisis.

I want to thank Lisa Rosman.

Lisa Rosman: It was so good to see you kittens and you know

I'm bored if I'm saying that.

Neil Rosen: Bill McCuddy.

Bill McCuddy: Neil, I'm proud of you.

I didn't have to use this very often.

Neil Rosen: And Perri Nemiroff. Thanks.

Perri Nemiroff: Thanks for having me back.

And Dewey enjoyed the show quite a bit.

He looks thrilled, right?

Neil Rosen: Anyway, stay well, be safe. I'm Neil Rosen.

Join us next time on Talking Pictures.

♪ [Closing Music]

STREAM TALKING PICTURES WITH NEIL ROSEN ON

  • ios
  • apple_tv
  • android
  • roku
  • firetv

FEATURED PROGRAMS

World Channel
Vienna Blood
Under a Minute
The Talk: Race in America
The National Parks
The Light
The Cardinal’s Files
The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
Shall Not Be Denied
Room Tone
Reel 13
RECONSTRUCTION: AMERICA AFTER THE CIVIL WAR
Prideland
Prehistoric Road Trip
POV