Episode 8 Preview | I Am My Music
“I Am My Music” shifts the focus from the creation of music to the experience of listening to it, and to the formats that defined that experience. From vinyl, cassette tape, CD, and MP3, each generation has had a piece of musical media to call its own.
(fast rock music)
- [Narrator] Next time on Sound Breaking.
- The first single I bought was I want to Hold Your Hand
by the Beatles.
- [Woman] Everything about Vinyl was great,
the smell of it.
- [Narrator] Our on again,
off again love affair with musical formats.
- If there was a girl that you're really into,
I'd go make her a mixed tape.
- [Man] The format shift
in the record industry,
an average is 15 years.
- CDs are just disappearing.