High-Risk High-Rise Preview
Gleaming symbols of prestige, skyscrapers are an ingenious way to save space in dense urban areas. But even as we devise ways to defend them against fires, wind, and earthquakes, can we also make them more livable, interactive, and eco-friendly?
- [Narrator] Fires, falls, failures.
- [Reporter] High rise sunk 16 inches.
- [Narrator] But now, in a worldwide
skyscraper building boom.
- Tall buildings answer social, economic,
climate change, urbanization, population growth.
- [Narrator] Can they be made safe and livable?
- [Man] Constant movement flow and interaction.
- [Narrator] The sky's the limit.
"High-Risk High-Rise" on "Nova."