The "little women" adjust to Marmee's absence in this scene from Little Women, Episode 2. See it Sunday, May 20th, 2018 at 8/7c on MASTERPIECE on PBS. #LittleWomenPBS
- Curling papers! I knew someone had taken them!
Where are you going?
- On Thursday, I'm going to stay at Annie Moffat's.
- You didn't say.
- I only just got permission from Mr. Laurence.
There's going to be a ball and
his sister Belle just got engaged.
- A ball at the Moffat's?
- It's all going to be so elegant.
- Would you like to be engaged?
- I'd like to be married one day.
- Well, you won't catch many husbands
in this shabby, old tarleton.
Marmee always said that the first one of us to get
to go to a ball would wear that violet, silk dress,
the one she keeps wrapped up in the special paper.
- There isn't time to make it over.
This shabby, old tarleton will have to do.