Inside The Met: Love and Money Preview
As the glamorous, highly-anticipated Costume Institute show “About Time” comes together, museum staff wonders who will pay for new acquisitions, the crucial but very costly research and conservation work, and infrastructure projects vital to the survival of an antique building.
- [Narrator] The Met has now safely reopened
to visitors delight. (driving music)
- It means there is some semblance of normalcy.
- Looking at beautiful things, just, I need it.
- [Narrator] But the crisis isn't over yet.
- [Woman] It's not like it was before.
- We're likely to see somewhere
between a 100 and $150 million of loss.
- Each of the collecting departments has gone
to their donors, their supporters.
- There are a lot of tough choices.