Trailer | Independent Lens Fall 2021 Season
Independent Lens is America’s home for documentaries, airing Mondays on PBS. Watch live or stream anytime on the PBS Video app.
- [Man] It's very helpful that we know
what's going on in the community.
- I want you to write out a list of all
of the things you could never do.
I want to go out
and do them. - I have realized
that the world is a much bigger place.
- [Man] What's the fight?
- [Crowd] Gay rights!
- [Man] There was this growing rebellion against psychiatry.
- To be viewed
as psychologically disturbed is to be treated as
a second class citizen.
- An Iowa town will be about
as strong as its newspaper and its banks.
- Somehow we've got to increase the number
- Nobody woke up
that morning when their loved one was dying
and say "Hey I want to be the face of the movement."
- I know that this is not a perfect community.
I am committed to being part of that change.
- Is it over?
It's not never over.
It's just the beginning.