Trailer | The Donut King
An immigrant story with a (glazed) twist, The Donut King follows the journey of Cambodian refugee Ted Ngoy, who arrived in California in the 1970s and, through a mixture of diligence and luck, built a multi-million dollar donut empire up and down the West Coast.
(electronic base thumps)
- Donut time!
- [Female 1] Uncle Ted opened up 70 donut shops.
- [Ted] They called me "Donut King."
- [Female 1] He gave Cambodian refugees
a chance to make it in America.
- [Male 1] At one time, he estimates his wealth
at 20 million dollars.
- [Male 2] Life was good.
- [Female 2] We're going to be truthful, right?
That he wasn't
the perfect man.
- [Ted] I lost everything.
- [Male 3] It's hard to believe,
that he could allow that to happen.
- [Ted] Don't let the good chance slip away.