A Match Made in Heaven | Blind Love ep. 5
A gifted choir musician, Mario finds his Congregation getting involved in playing matchmaker, and then needs his sister's help to vet a potential date. Meanwhile, Simon gets a style makeover in preparation for a speed dating event and discovers it's a lot different when it's not his mom picking out clothes for him.
- I've only dated white girls.
I'm sorry I'm being honest,
am I allowed to just say that?
- Hello there.
- Becoming independent for me was an act of rebellion.
- I'll be right back okay.
- Okay cool. - Okay.
(slow bright music)
♪ Better than good
♪ Better than good to me
- [Woman] Worthy, worthy.
- [Mario] I was feeling that song,
I mean it got to me.
So it's a regular church service
in a regular Sunday.
- [Woman] All right Mario. All right bye.
Emmanuel usually walks me out
at the end of every service.
How's it going? Good, good. - Congratulations sweetie.
- Thank you, God bless you. - God bless you.
- Ah ha jinx.
And then the choir director comes up and says.
- I want to say goodbye to you boo boo.
- Suddenly without preamble,
without saying Mario brace yourself
here comes a million dollar moment.
- Kim is gonna say goodbye to you so stay right here.
- Oh okay, there's someone here.
- Ha ha how you doing?
- I'm doing well goodbye Mario.
- Did you enjoy the service?
- I sure did as always. - Good.
- So down.
- That was oh my God,
I feel like a school boy.
I remember at choir rehearsals there was a girl
there who was always laughing at stuff I said.
And I had heard rumors of her being really interested.
I hugged her.
- What? - Sister V set me up
for a hug real quick.
- Oh my God.
- And she's super skinny.
- Give her his phone number.
- That's a fantastic idea.
to give it to her. - Don't tell her
that E or I'll disown you.
- [Man] Come on man, Simon!
Come on last 50.
- [Man] Good job Simon.
Beautiful. - 14:40.
- Do you realize you just swam 400 meters?
I'm so proud of you. - One two three.
- [Francesco] That was fun last night.
I know, what'd you think?
- Just gotta get used to whether they're interested or not.
- Oh yeah it's just practice.
I mean the music was loud like, usually
for us, for blind people, loud music isn't.
- But would it work I don't know,
would speed dating be like a cool thing to do or just like.
- Honestly dude you should try whatever you want to
and see what works best.
- Yeah just try anything.
- Yeah. - Right.
- [Nora] There he goes, he's coming back.
- Wait what happened?
- She smiled when I told her
that you wanted me to give her your number.
- She's in great shape. - How do you know?
- I hugged her. - Oh, Ray Charles.
- And we get all that information.
- I told her the ball was now in her court.
- There you go.
That's what I wanted you to say.
- It's not in her court.
Guys don't put stuff in female's courts.
Tell her I need her to text me because I want
to set up a date. - Okay I--
- No tell her I want to set up conversation over coffee.
- [Nora] No just tell her to text him.
- Text me so I can have her number
because I'm interested in setting up conversation
over a meal, there we go.
- That's just too much. - That's how I talk.
- Do not tell her all of that okay.
- That's okay Mario I gotcha you okay.
- Tell her, "He wants conversation over a meal."
- You can tell her that when she texts you.
- I gotcha you though Mario I'm gonna let her know
to text you.
- We'll have a conversation over a meal.
- [Nora] Over dinner, yeah, yeah.
- I appreciate you for doing this man.
Seriously, say "he wanted your number for a conversation over a meal."
- Ah good how are you?
- [Woman] I'm fine.
Do you have a little bit of time to talk?
- Thank you for calling sure.
I'm going to a speed dating event on Wednesday.
- Okay. - I'm basically looking
for something that represents me.
- Awesome. - I'm an athlete,
I do triathlons.
I'm training for one right now.
- Okay. - I listen
to mostly heavy metal.
- [Woman] What are your sizes in shirts?
- I mean normally I usually go shopping with my parents.
So for like shirts I'm a small.
- Okay. - Waist size I'm like a 32.
Would you have different materials I could feel
'cause I can't tell you exactly what type
of material that I like. - Of course, of course,
I'll have a lot of different things pulled out for you.
Based off what our conversation was
and based off of like what you've told me about.
- I still don't realize what she looked like.
- I can tell you if she's pretty or not.
She's on Facebook let me see your phone.
- Hold on, let me pull it up.
Let me look at the mutual friends.
And it'll tell me. - Old enough to know better,
young enough to (beeping).
No this ain't her this person said they old enough
to know better but young enough not
not to give a (beeping).
That can't be her. - Well that better not be her.
We just came from church.
- Oh no it's her. - That's her.
- Sister Vanessa is a friend
and so is Toria from the church,
- Oh my God. - Oh my goodness.
That's her status.
Using my sister to Facebook stalk someone is
a typical occurrence.
- I remember okay,
I saw her, she has braids in her hair.
So she's dark skin but my complexion.
- She pretty?
- Yeah she's pretty and skinny
oh all right, she's 35.
- I don't know about the young enough not
to give a (beeping) part.
- She a cougar,
you want a cougar?
- She a cougar,
if she messing with a 20 year old, I'm 30.
(bright upbeat music)
- So the first item that I pick is like
a quilted bomber jacket.
It's a really cool blue,
it's navy blue.
And then there's a shirt underneath it right here.
Which is a white polo similar
to what you have just feel right here, you see.
- Yeah it feels similar to what I'm wearing now yeah.
- And it has blue and gray stripes.
Next we have a two tone denim jacket.
- Jean jacket type of thing.
- Yeah I say denim you say jeans,
we're gonna say both today.
- So this is a two toned.
- Oh interesting never felt this before.
I've felt jean jackets
but they're a lot softer.
As a blind person I determine the clothes I wear
by how they feel.
- Some jeans are softer than others.
So this is the raw denim to give you
that raw kind of feeling combined
with a softer denim it's not as raw.
- I'm voting for this one,
I like this one.
That's gonna work for school,
for dates, for work,
for heavy metal concerts,
the whole run of it.
- This is a pair of Guess jeans
and they have rips in them.
- Ripped jeans.
- [Jill] His face (laughs)
He's like oh ripped jeans cool.
- People would tell me wear something trendy,
wear something hipster,
and I have no idea what any of that stuff means.
- The looks are sexier.
The denim is more fitted.
- Like tighter you mean?
- Fitted not tight,
just a more tailored look for you.
- My Mom buys my clothes for me
but it's not like they pick out sexy clothes
or anything like that so.
- Simon our job is to make sure
you catch the eye of many people.
So we're gonna accentuate certain parts of your body
that Mom's not going to okay.
- Got it.
- Kim just texted.
- [Phone Announcer] 2:46 PM,
hey Mario it's Kim from church.
I'm headed into work right now
but I think we should definitely get together.
- I think that would be excellent "period",
I will give you a call this week
to plan something "period."
I feel so nervous like I'm a high school boy or something.
I haven't felt it in a long time so this is good,
this is a good sign.
- So we had a little hiccup with sizes,
you are definitely smaller but it's okay.
- How many sizes smaller?
- Like two. - So this is
what we're talking about, Mom right?
She shops for you but she's not shopping
for you for a date. - Turn around
'cause we want
the ladies to see what's going on.
- [Simon] I've learned that the right fit and
the way clothes sit on you shows off
how your body actually looks.
Like that's just kind of fascinating to me.
- You look really great. - Thanks.
- But we want to show the broadness in your chest,
we want to show the definition in your arms,
we want to show your tush, you know.
- I'm pretty active so if I have
the body to show it off
then why not?
All right, monochromatic look A.
- We like this. - Yeah I like this.
It's very like put together.
- It's the first time I noticed
like the button downs actually like touching my chest.
Like my waist.
- That's because it actually fits you.
- So Mom's got her set of sizes
and then you know what your real sizes are.
- I got you.
- What I got out of today was if you want
to attract girls do not wear clothes
that your Mom bought for you.
Oh my goodness.
I'm losing it.
- I'm not sure where James
and I are going at this point.
- Hi Joanie?
Hi how's it going?