Trailer | 9to5: The Story of a Movement
When Dolly Parton sang “9 to 5,” she was singing about a real movement that started with a group of secretaries in the early 1970s. Their goals were simple—better pay, more advancement opportunities and an end to sexual harassment—but as seen in 9to5: The Story of a Movement, their fight that inspired a hit would change the American workplace forever.
- [Narrator] As secretary,
you need to be the best you can be.
- [Woman] This group of women
whose voice was not being heard.
- There's something you can do about it.
- The movie was married to a movement.
- [Woman] They built their own kind of feminism
and it was powerful.
- I'm not just a secretary, I'm a secretary.