Episode 5 Preview | On the Wall
The transition of music photography from a niche pastime to a highly collectible and often valuable art form is examined through conversations with gallerists, literary publishers, art experts and those photographers whose body of work now has global prestige and, in some cases, hangs on the walls of the world's most revered institutions.
- On Icon.
- Rock iconography is as salable as the music itself.
- The fact that they get pleasure
from having this image on their wall.
That's how I get my cookies.
- You shouldn't pigeonhole music photography
as music photography.
It's much more than that,
it was documenting pieces of history.
- Abbey Road is at the very top.
It's a bit of a holy grail.
- Icon Music Through the Lens.
Tune in or more stream Friday at nine/eight central.
Only on PBS.