Episode 4 Preview | Trade
Examine an ancient civilization unlike any other, that of the Indus Valley. Rather than imposing order through war or religion, it relied on the free flow of trade. The exchange of goods promoted wealth, co-operation and trust.
- [Announcer] On First Civilizations,
for any civilization to succeed,
it requires a system of exchange.
- Trade and exchange was the economic and social glue
that stitches people together.
- Trade enables a society to progress.
- That's what has eventually enabled us
to build a civilization that is so complex.
- [Announcer] But how did trade shape the course
Only on PBS