Related to Royalty
Glenn Close discovers that she is eighth cousins with Princess Diana
- You have one more cousin to whom I want to introduce you.
Would you please turn the page?
- [Henry] You are directly related to Princess Diana
- [Henry] Yeah.
- Glenn and Diana are eighth cousins.
Their nearest common ancestors
are Glenn's seventh great grandparents,
Sarah and Joseph Strong.
By coincidence, the two met at least once in person in 1989
when Glenn was in England promoting a film.
- [Glenn] She was lovely.
- [Henry] Did you have any idea
that you were related to her?
- No, but look at our hairstyles.
They're very much alike.