Preview | North Carolina
Discover how this historically rural state built on tobacco and textiles is rapidly changing. Entrepreneurs find a warm welcome in Durham, Native Americans come home to ancestral lands, and families separated by race and class work toward healing.
- [Narrator] On Family Pictures USA.
- Tobacco's a very important part of our history.
- [Narrator] We explore a changing North Carolina
through family photographs and stories.
- I'm right there,
directors of Mechanics and Farmers Bank.
- Both of you have referenced a lynching.
Could you tell us about that?
- I take away from their experiences here
that life isn't easy but that's okay.