Episode 3 Preview | “The Hillbilly Shakespeare”
See how the bluegrass sound spreads in post-war America, and meet honky-tonk star Hank Williams, whose songs of surprising emotional depth are derived from his troubled and tragically short life.
- [Narrator] On Country Music, the birth of bluegrass.
- I mean, how many people can say
this man right here started a whole new genre of music?
Bill Monroe did that.
- [Narrator] And the life of the hillbilly Shakespeare,
- [Man] It all begins with a song.
Songs are the magic carpets that change things.
The world changed because of Hank Williams' songs.
- [Narrator] When Country Music continues.
Only on PBS.