Lucille's New Assignment
Nurse Lucille struggles to find time to spend with Cyril and gets the news that she'll be reassigned to the hospital maternity ward.
- Cyril, I am so sorry.
- They said you were with a patient.
- A woman in labor.
I couldn't leave.
- I understand.
Now you're here.
- Oh, thank you.
What was the surprise?
I was looking forward to tonight so much.
- Me, too.
- How about tomorrow?
- I've got my evening class.
- [Lucille] Oh.
- I'll think of something.
- But you can't miss your evening class.
- I've had a phone call from St. Cuthbert's.
- Oh, another discharged mother to visit?
One of their ward sisters has been taken ill,
and they need a midwife to supervise the pupil midwives
until the ward sister returns to work.
Nurse Anderson, it would do you good
to experience a larger teaching hospital.
The little cottage hospital I trained in was so different.
- If you could hand over your visits to Nurse Crane
so that you could get there straightaway,
I would be most grateful.
- [Lucille] You drew this up.
It is quite long.