The Blessing | Trailer
A Navajo coal miner, Lawrence, raises his secretive daughter as a single father, while struggling with his part in the irreversible destruction of his tribe’s sacred mountain. This deep spiritual sacrifice has caused him decades of emotional turmoil while providing for his family. Meanwhile, his daughter Caitlin searches for her inner identity amidst the expectations of her traditional father.
- [Lawrence] Being in that world, it gives you an identity,
it gives you a purpose in life.
- [Narrator] Living in the shadow of a sacred mountain,
a father must reconcile his beliefs
with the need to provide for his family.
- Who is caretakers of the land.
We don't just take and take without giving.
- [Narrator] His daughter struggles to find her own path.
- Ever since I was a kid, I always felt different.
I always find my way somehow.
- [Narrator] An intimate family portrait
lives together spirituality, culture,
and connection to the land.
- [Lawrence] Please do not forsake me mother earth.
- [Narrator] The Blessing on America ReFramed.