The Blessing | Promo
A Navajo coal miner, Lawrence, raises his secretive daughter as a single father, while struggling with his part in the irreversible destruction of his tribe’s sacred mountain. This deep spiritual sacrifice has caused him decades of emotional turmoil while providing for his family. Meanwhile, his daughter Caitlin searches for her inner identity amidst the expectations of her traditional father.
(acoustic guitar music)
- [Announcer] This Navajo family lives
in the shadow of a sacred mountain.
- [Lawrence] If you have no respect for your earth,
it'll take your life.
- [Lawrence] We're caretakers of the land.
We don't just take and take without giving.
- [Announcer] How do they balance reverence for the land
with their need to make a living?
- [Lawrence] Please do not forsake me, Mother Earth.
- [Announcer] "The Blessing," on America ReFramed.