Pahokee | Trailer
In the rural town of Pahokee, four teenagers experience the joys and heartbreaks of their last year in high school. This tightly knit community in the Florida everglades struggles with financial insecurity and pin their hopes for the future on their graduating seniors.
- [Narrator] Graduation is approaching
at Pahokee High school.
- It's time for me to start preparing.
I've started my financial aid.
It's time for me to send in my applications.
- [Woman] What you know about college?
- I don't want to go to no community college.
I just want to go to a university.
- [Narrator] Four students share their worries
and their excitement
as the big day arrives.
- [Na'Kerria] It's finally here.
I finally reached the first milestone in my life.
I'm so excited and happy.
- [Narrator] Pahokee, on America ReFramed.
(marching band music)