Bring It Home | Trailer
BRING IT HOME tells the story of five families at a crossroads after the closing of the GM Lordstown auto plant. GM's decision forced thousands to decide between transferring out-of-state or staying put. If they stay, they risk loss of employment and benefits. As families wrestle these tough choices, they are left wondering why a company recording billions in profits is shuttering factories.
- [Man] If this plant was closing
because it was unproductive or bleeding the company dry,
that would be different,
but this plant is not closing for them reasons.
- [Man] They're a U.S. company
that was saved by U.S. taxpayers.
They went from on the verge of shutting down
to more than $10 billion in profits.
- [Man] This about a moral contract
with people as humans and communities.
People just want to know,
should we stay or should we go.
- [Woman] There's so many reasons it's hard to go.
- [Woman] I'm just not willing to leave my family.
- [Woman] They were probably be one of the most
difficult things I'd ever have to do.
- [Man] I wish you guys are just coming with me.
I wish you were coming with me,
but there's just too many unknowns right now.
- [Woman] The thing that we've built here in Lordstown
is not just a home,
it's what's helping us help our daughter
reach the best quality of life
that we can possibly reach for her.
- [Man] I don't think the corporation,
the people at the top understand
what they're doing to people
and how this is gonna be a long lasting effect.
- [Woman] That woman has ice water in her veins
because she knew she was doing this.
- [Man] You don't get to be a CEO
of a multi-billion dollar company
without having a little bit ice water in your veins.
- [Woman] My family is very important to me.
They're just tearing my family apart.