To enter, follow ALL ARTS on Instagram and “like” our giveaway post by 10 a.m. Eastern on Sept. 29. Winners will be chosen randomly, and full details for the giveaway are below.
BALLERINA BOOK CLUB BOOK GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
EACH WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO INITIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION FROM SPONSOR WITHIN 24 HOURS AND MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”), WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES
INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Introduction: The Ballerina Book Club Book Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is sponsored by WLIW LLC, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019 (“Sponsor”). No purchase necessary. This Giveaway is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. Internet access is required.
- Start/End Dates: The Giveaway begins at 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, September 23, 2021 and ends at 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday, September 29, 2021(collectively, the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter:
During the Entry Period, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) may enter the Giveaway by:
- Following the @allartstv Instagram account; and
- favoriting the post located at https://www.instagram.com/p/CULaV_5hur2/. By favoriting, each Entrant agrees to these Rules. Entrant must submit a valid email address. The person who owns the Instagram account from which such entry is submitted will be deemed the Entrant.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All duplicate entries will be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries must be submitted prior to the end of the Entry Period. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. An entry is deemed “received” when it is recorded by Sponsor’s servers. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Rules will be disqualified.
Normal internet or mobile usage and access charges imposed by Entrant’s internet or mobile service provider may apply. Note: If you do not have internet access via a personal computer, you may be able to access the internet at your local library or internet café.
- Eligibility: Entrant must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who is 18 or older as of the date of entry and has a valid email address. Employees of Sponsor or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, and agents and their respective immediate family and/or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
- Prizes: Winners will be selected via a random drawing and will receive ONE (1) copy of the book, titled “Something New Under the Sun” by Alexandra Kleeman (US$28.00 ARV) (the “Prize”). Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
- Random Drawing: FIVE (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing following the end of the Giveaway Period from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. Odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received as deemed by Sponsor. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or direct message to the email address or the account used for entry on or about October 1, 2021. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prize, and Entrant agrees that all prizes are provided as-is. If any entrant selected as a potential winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules, such prize will be forfeited and alternate winner(s) may be selected via a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per household. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed by winner(s), but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of winners.
The Prize will be shipped to each Winner (via ground shipping) on or about October 1, 2021, subject to Sponsor’s timely receipt of address for shipment from the particular Winner. Sponsor reserves discretion with respect to all prize and prize delivery details not specifically set out in these Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any prizes that are lost, mutilated, stolen, undeliverable, or do not reach any winner or are otherwise subject to circumstances outside Sponsor’s control.
- Affidavit of Eligibility: Potential winners agree to complete, sign, and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9, Liability Release, and Publicity Release (as required and/or permitted by applicable law) (collectively, “Prize Documents”) upon request from Sponsor, within the time frame and form specified by Sponsor, or prize may be forfeited. All Prize Documents must be received by Sponsor within two (2) days of the date Sponsor sent them to each potential winner. If any Prize Documents are incomplete, improperly completed, delivered late, returned as undeliverable, or otherwise faulty, the applicable potential winner may be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner (time permitting and in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify all procedures in connection with selection and notification of any alternate winner(s). Sponsor will have right to photograph each winner. Entry constitutes permission to winner’s name, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Release: By participating, each entrant and/or winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Penguin Random House and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any and all liability or cause of action, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Giveaway, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity and for any claims based on publicity or other proprietary rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Giveaway cannot take place or if prizes cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. By participating in the Giveaway, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway and any interpretation of these Rules.
THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY AN ENTRANT IN RELATION TO ANY ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THESE RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, AND ENFORCEABILITY HEREOF, AND ANY RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND IN NO EVENT WILL ANY ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR ANY OTHER COSTS RELATED TO SUCH CLAIM.
Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between Entrant and any Released Party arising out of these Rules or the Giveaway must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action or class-wide arbitration.
- Miscellaneous: This Giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to award less than 5 copies of the Prize in the event that insufficient eligible entries are received. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Giveaway. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision herein is determined invalid or unenforceable, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will continue unimpaired with full effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision herein will not constitute waiver of that provision.
- List of Winners: To obtain a list of winners, contact Britt Stigler at firstname.lastname@example.org.