Become a member of Ballerina Book Club by signing up for our newsletter. You can catch the latest news and updates in our club house and find more info about our January pick, “The Glass Hotel,” here.
Update! Scroll down for the final photos.
Want to get a leg up (literally) on your reading? Let us help you with a Ballerina Book Club challenge!
In celebration of books in general, we’re hosting a #BallerinaBookClub Selfie Stance contest on our social media platforms. To enter, take a photo copying host Isabella Boylston’s January book announcement pose (leg in the air, holding one book of your choice). Then, share the photo on Instagram with the hashtag #BallerinaBookClub and tag @allartstv and @isabellaboylston. If you aren’t on Instagram, send your selfie in to AllArtsInfo@wliw.org.
We’ll share five selfies, chosen at random, in an upcoming Ballerina Book Club newsletter and on the ALL ARTS website and social media platforms. Submissions are open until 9 a.m. Eastern on Jan. 25, 2021. Full rules and details can be found below.
If you need some inspiration, our very own Ballerina Book Club co-creator and producer Connor Holloway took up the mantel.
Thank you to everyone who participated! Happy reading to all! (Photos are in alphabetical order.)
🩰 Ballet in the City 📚
We had several submissions from the stewards of the non-profit Ballet in the City, so we’ve chosen to highlight this collage of all the dancers from the program who submitted!
🩰 Khloe Choi 📚
🩰 Liz O’Connor 📚
🩰 Jessica Salas 📚
Ballerina Book Club Selfie Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
EACH WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO INITIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION FROM SPONSOR WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF DELIVERY BY SPONSOR (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”), WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Introduction: The Ballerina Book Club Selfie Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by WLIW LLC, broadcaster of ALL ARTS, with offices at 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with Instagram. Sponsor is the sole sponsor of the Contest, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Internet access is required.
2. Start/End Dates: The Contest begins at 1 p.m. EST on Jan. 15, 2021 and ends at 9 a.m. EST on Jan. 25, 2021 (the “Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter: An eligible entrant (“Entrant”) may enter the Contest by:
First: Take a photograph inspired by Isabella Boylston’s book selfie stance (leg in the air, holding a book) with a book of Entrant’s choice (the “Selfie”). It is not required that Entrant already possess any of these items, as Entrant may borrow a book from the library, for example.
Second: Share the Selfie on Instagram during the Entry Period and tag the post with both the hashtag #BallerinaBookClub and the Instagram handle for ALL ARTS (@allartstv) and Isabella Bolyston (@isabellaboylston) OR Entrants without an Instagram account may submit the Selfie directly to AllArtsInfo@wliw.org (both methods, an “Entry”):
It is only necessary to submit the Selfie via one Entry method described, above. Entrants submitting the Entry via Instagram must post the Selfie from their own Instagram account. By submitting an Entry, Entrant agrees to the Rules. Entrant may enter multiple Selfies into the Contest; however, the same individual will not be eligible to win more than one (1) prize. The creation of multiple accounts to submit an Entry and any duplicate or repeat postings or submissions are discouraged. Further, any duplicate Selfies may be disqualified.
Entrant must be the sole and independent creator of the Selfie and the Selfie must not infringe any third-party rights. No automated entry devices, software, and/or programs are permitted. All Entries must be submitted prior to the end of the Entry Period. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted, or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic. An Entry is deemed “received” when it is tagged with both the required hashtag and handles for the Instagram platform or when it is recorded by Sponsor’s servers. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Rules will be disqualified.
Normal internet or mobile usage and access charges imposed by Entrant’s internet or mobile service provider may apply. Note: If Entrant does not have internet access via a personal computer, Entrant may be able to access the internet at his/her local library or internet café.
4. Eligibility: Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States who is 18 or older as of the date of entry and has a valid email address. Employees of Sponsor or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, and agents and their respective immediate family and/or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
5. Random Drawing and Prize Awards: Five (5) winners (each, a “Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing following the end of the Entry Period from all eligible entries received (or deemed received) during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received as deemed by Sponsor. Winner will be notified on or about Jan. 27, 2021 by email or direct message to the email address or account used for entry.
Each Entrant selected as a winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements, including providing any required Prize Documents (as defined below) by the date specified by Sponsor. In the event that Entrant does not fulfill all such requirements, another winner may be selected by the Contest judges in accordance with the judging criteria from among the remaining Entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: Winners will be selected via a random drawing. Winners and their Selfies will be featured in a subsequent Ballerina Book Club newsletter and on the ALL ARTS website and social media platforms.
Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes, and Entrant agrees that all prizes are provided as-is, non-transferable, and non-exchangeable. If any Entrant selected as a winner does not reply to the email notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules, such prize will be forfeited and alternate winner(s) may be selected from among the remaining Entries, pursuant to the above and in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize-related notices that are lost, mutilated, deleted, undeliverable, or do not reach any winner or are otherwise subject to circumstances outside Sponsor’s control. Limit one prize per individual. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed by winner(s), but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. Usage Rights/Submission Release. All Entries may be shared via social media accounts of Sponsor and its affiliates, posted to the ALL ARTS website, and otherwise as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Entrants social media handle may be included in connection therewith, as well as the first and last names, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence of winners and other biographical information submitted for such use in any required Prize Documents (collectively, “Biographical Information”). By participating in the Contest, Entrant consents to such uses and also the use and reuse by Sponsor and its affiliates of Entrant’s Entry and Biographical Information, except where prohibited by law, edited as Sponsor may deem appropriate, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including but not limited to outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement of Sponsor and its affiliates. Each Entrant understands that they will not be paid any money or receive any form of compensation for granting these rights or reimbursement of any costs incurred in connection with creating and submitting their Entry or claiming the prize (in the case of a winner), including costs of travel in connection with the use of such prize. Each Entrant grants the rights in this section whether or not Entrant is selected as winner. Entrant represents and warrants it has all rights necessary to grant these rights, and such grant will not conflict with any third-party right.
8. Affidavit of Eligibility: Entrants selected as winners agree to complete, sign, and have notarized an Prize Acceptance Form, W9, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release and provide a release for any individual within their Selfie (all as required and/or permitted by applicable law) (collectively, “Prize Documents”) upon request from Sponsor, within the time frame and form specified by Sponsor, or prize may be forfeited. All Prize Documents must be received by Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours of the date Sponsor delivered the Prize Documents to each potential winner. If any Prize Documents are incomplete, improperly completed, delivered late, returned as undeliverable, or otherwise faulty, the potential winner may be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner (time permitting and in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserve the right to modify all procedures in connection with selection and notification of any alternate winner(s).
9. Release: By participating, each Entrant and/or winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, Instagram, and their respective employees, directors, officers, members, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any and all liability or cause of action, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, for any use or non-use of their Entry as permitted by these Rules, and for any claims based on publicity or other proprietary rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if prizes cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest and any interpretation of these Rules.
THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY AN ENTRANT IN RELATION TO ANY ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THESE RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, AND ENFORCEABILITY HEREOF, AND ANY RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIVEAWAY, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND IN NO EVENT WILL ANY ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR ANY OTHER COSTS RELATED TO SUCH CLAIM.
Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between Entrant and any Released Party arising out of these Rules or the Contest must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action or class-wide arbitration.
10. Miscellaneous: In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the social media profile at the time of Entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who has registered the accounts with the applicable social media platform. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the social media profile associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives). CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision herein is determined invalid or unenforceable, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will continue unimpaired with full effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision herein will not constitute waiver of that provision.
12. List of Winners: To obtain a list of winners, contact StiglerB@wliw.org.